Datum der Tour
    26. März 2022
    Ausgangspunkt
    Achensee parking near the kletterwald
    Gefahreneinschätzung
    gering
    Exposition der Route
    All

Today we were one of the few people on this tour. Probably the only ones still doing it on ski's.

Near the car park there is no more snow, and in hindsight a different tour could probably have saved us from some walking.

However, I have to say that the part above 1400m was very beautiful. Very good firn until you reach a few meters below the top. Views were stunning and very few other people around. A good 500m of Firn descent. Then 200m on the forstweg. Then about 100 trought the forest (and then the rest is on foot, about 30 mins)

Parking costs 5 euro's for a day ticket.

If you want to do this tour, it probably has to be tomorrow (or next season)

There is no continuous snow cover until you reach 1400m altitude.

The "forstweg" part with the cliff, is very doable. Both on foot or on ski's. I can see why it could have been dangerous before, but most of the avelanche remains have melted and now it is safe.

My tip: Once the forstweg passes the summer hiking path again on the right (where it flattens out, directly after the cliff part). Go left into the forest directly after you cross the "weiderost". Follow the stream up. There is a surprising amount of snow in that part of the forest and you could mount your skins a lot sooner than we did.

This is also doable going down on ski's. Just make sure you take your "steinski". That way, the walking bit is less than 30 minutes both ways.

We made the mistake of following the forstweg, but all the snow has melted until 1400m and the forstweg is long.

Definately one of my favourite tours, but it was probably better 1-2 weeks ago.

https://www.tourentipp.com/de/…n-Karten-und-Routenskizze

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!